University Commencement Ceremony
- The University-wide celebration will be held in the Matthew Knight Arena from 9:30 to 11:00 am on Monday, June 19, 2017.
- The ceremony begins at 9:30 am with our academic parade (Duck Parade). Graduates should be lined up in front of the EMU on 13th Avenue at 8:30 am in regalia.
- Guest seating is limited and all graduates and guests must have a ticket to enter.
- Matthew Knight Arena will open at 7:30 am for guest seating; all ticketed guests should be seated by 9:00 AM.
- Guests will be able to enter the building through the north and east entrances.
- The following items are NOT permitted in the arena: glass or aluminum containers, weapons, fireworks, laser pointers, explosives, munitions, drugs or alcohol.
- For more information and to acquire tickets for graduates and guests, visit the Commencement homepage.
- Guests that require additional accommodations should contact Amy Quiring at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day parking is available at Autzen Stadium. A free shuttle service will provide transportation from Autzen to campus.
History Department Commencement Ceremony
- The History Department Commencement Ceremony will be held at 12:30 pm on Monday, June 19, 2017 in the Straub Hall Auditorium (156 Straub Hall). The ceremony is expected to last approximately one and a half hours.
- Contact The Duck Store to order your regalia (cap and gown) for graduation, announcements, and other graduation/commencement materials.
- There will be reserved ADA seating available for individuals who use wheelchairs. There will also be an area of seating for guests with mobility impairments and stamina limitations. Sign language interpretation will be provided upon request. If you or your guests require special accommodations, please contact Nick Mahlum in the History Department so that we may make the necessary arrangements.
April 10-13: Grad Fair at the Duck Store
April 14: Last day to apply for Graduate Degree
April 30: Last day to apply for Undergraduate Degree (apply via DuckWeb)
June 8: EMU Senior Send Off celebration
June 9: Last day of classes
June 12-16: Final exams
June 18: Alumni InDUCKtion
June 19: Commencement
UO Commencement Website
Parking & Shuttle Information
Duck Store Commencement Merchandise
Eugene Public Transit Information
How to Get Here
GradImages Website (to purchase official Commencement photos)
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I register? What time should I arrive?
Registration for graduating major who wish to participate in the commencement ceremony takes place in the venue the day of the ceremony. Graduates should plan to arrive a half hour early to ensure enough time to fill out a registration card and to join their fellow graduates in the line for the processional march. Graduates should plan to arrive at Straub Hall at 12:00 pm. The History ceremony will begin promptly at 12:30 pm.
I’m not graduating until Summer or Fall of 2017. May I participate in the Spring ceremony?
Students who have applied on time for graduation in Spring term will have their names printed in the commencement program and are welcome to attend the ceremony, where their names will be read aloud as they walk across the stage. Students who are graduating in the Summer or at a later date are welcome to “walk” in the Spring ceremony and have their names read aloud as they walk across the stage; however, the names of Summer or Fall 2017 graduates will not appear in the program.
I graduated in the Fall of 2016 or Winter of 2017. Can I come to the Spring ceremony?
Yes! The printed commencement program will include the names of all graduating majors from the Fall 2016, Winter 2017, and Spring 2017 terms. In addition to having your name printed in the program, your name will be announced as you walk across the stage on June 19.
How many guests can I bring to graduation?
All family members and friends are welcome to attend the ceremony. There is no limit on the number of guests, however tickets are required for the General University Ceremony. There will be plenty of seats available at the History departmental ceremony – guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis.
What do I need to do for graduation?
- Apply for graduation in DuckWeb. The deadline to apply for graduation in the Spring 2017 term is Friday, April 14 (Grad Students) and Sunday April 30 (Undergraduate Students).
- Purchase/rent your regalia from the UO Duck Store. You can shop for regalia at the UO Duck Store during the Grad Fair (April 10-13) or purchase regalia online (UO Duck Store) starting on April 10.
I applied to graduate in DuckWeb. Is there anything else I need to do to apply?
No. Once you have applied to graduate in DuckWeb, your name and information will automatically be included in the History departmental ceremony program. (However, you do need to order your graduation regalia).
I am graduating with a minor in History, can I come to the History ceremony?
Yes! You are welcome to come the History ceremony if you have a minor in History. Only graduating majors will be participating in the ceremony itself. Students with minors will not have their name included in the printed program, nor will they be allowed to walk across the stage. However, you are invited to enjoy the graduation refreshments that will be on hand.